Reserves Tool Quick Reference Guide for FAS Faculty and Course Staff
The first time you use the Reserves Tool for your course, you will need to install it via Course iSites. Below are instructions for installing the tool and using it to submit reserves requests to your supporting library.
To find your Course iSite:
- Direct your Web browser to http://my.harvard.edu, and log in with your Harvard ID and PIN.
- Go to the "Courses" tab and choose your course from the list of links just below the "Courses" tab near the top of the page.
To install the Reserves Tool for your course:
- On your course home page (or on the page where you'd like the Reserves Tool to appear), click on "MODIFY THIS PAGE" on the right hand side of the screen to open the Design View.
- Click on the "Reserves Reading List" link listed under the "CREATE NEW TOPIC BOX" menu.
Note: Course iSites offers many options for designing your course website. For more information about developing your site with additional pages and topic boxes, visit the FAS Instructional Computing Group Web site.
To submit reserves requests for your course:
To create or modify your list of reserves requests, click on the pencil icon at the upper right hand corner of the Reserves Tool topic box. You can submit requests in these ways:
a) Reuse Citations from Previous Terms
b) Add a New Citation
a) To Reuse Citations from Previous Terms:
- Click on "Reuse Citations from Previous Terms" on the "Editing Reserves Tool" screen.
- Using the drop-down menu, select the semester you would like to view, then click on "Filter and Display."
- To add individual citation requests to your current reserves list, check the "Select" box at the left of each reading, then click on "Copy Citation Requests to Current Term."
- To add the entire list to the current term, click on "Select All Citations" and then "Copy Citation Requests to Current Term."
b) To add a new request to the current term:
- Click on "Add a New Citation" on the "Editing Reserves Tool" screen.
- Using the drop-down menus, select the "Material Type" and the "Supporting Library," then click on "Next."
- Add bibliographic information to the citation request form.
- Submit the request to the supporting library.
For questions about reserves, or for help using the Reserves Tool, contact your supporting library: See Participating Libraries.
Full documentation for your use of the Reserves Tool is available at the FAS Instructional Computing Group Web site.
For other support or consultation on using Course iSites, contact the Instructional Computing Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.