Western European Collections
Widener’s Western European Collections include materials in all languages and all subjects in the humanities and social sciences published in Albania, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Romania, Switzerland, and the Scandinavian countries, including the Faroe Islands and Greenland.
Widener's Western European Collections are completed by the libraries on the Harvard campus: The Fine Arts Library, Frances Loeb Library (architecture, city planning), Houghton Library (rare books and manuscripts), Harvard Law School Library, Loeb Music Library, and Tozzer Library (anthropology); and Government Documents/Microforms, located at the Lamont Library. In addition, the Dumbarton Oaks Library and the Center for Hellenic Studies, both located in the Washington, D.C. area, and the Berenson Library, located at the Villa I Tatti in Florence, Italy, hold essential collections.
Feedback on our collections and services, and suggestions for purchases through our Collections Purchase Request form are always welcome. Please contact Sebastian Hierl, Librarian for Western Europe, via e-mail or phone at 617-495-2426 for assistance with questions or comments, purchase requests, or bibliographic instruction.
- Germanic Research Web: Research Guide for Germanic Studies
- Inter Libros: Research Guide for Classics & Medieval Studies
- Rinascimento: Research Guide for Renaissance Studies
- RLL - Research: Research Guide for Romance Studies
- Requesting Materials
Related Resources at Harvard University
- Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures
- Department of Romance Languages and Literatures
- Minda De Gunzburg Center for European Studies